Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Dress Preview

Ryan's brother is getting married this weekend and I've been working on dresses for the girls for the occasion.  This is only my second sewing project, but with a lot of help from a friend and some online tutorials I'm really excited with how they turned out.  Here's the preview:


They turned out kind of wide for the girls so
I made the ribbon into a tie in the back
Side note: no one asked me to make these for the wedding,
I just wanted to learn how to sew and thought this might be fun.


Close up of the flower, I'm really proud of these :)
I found the tutorial here:   http://www.make-it-do.com/make-it/peony-clips/ 

Plus... tada! Added bonus, my first attempt at flowers/bows
for the girls' hair using extra material and ribbon from the dresses.
I think I'm going to put them on head bands.
The girls trying them on for me

 I've discovered that sewing is kind of addicting, especially on little things like cute dresses.  I'm sure this will lead to more sewing projects, too bad I don't have a budget for that... yet :)

4 comments:

  1. Very cute, Hannah! So impressive. :) And the sit n stand is okay. It's not quite as maneuverable as we'd hoped and the amount of storage space isn't great. But we like Grace being able to jump in and out easily and she likes having the option to stand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out great! I like the ribbons you put on! I am also really impressed with your hair bows. You're so crafty these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are great! I'm way impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Hannah! You're awesome. The dresses are adorable and I especially love the cute bows. Looking at it, you wouldn't have a clue this was only your 2nd time sewing. You look like a seasoned pro!

    ReplyDelete