Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Homebodies

A little bit of the girls not in school:

Emily is big. She has broken the mold as far as our children go. She has two teeth (which is big for us, L was 12 months and R was 18 months before getting any teeth)  She was the first one not born on the Tuesday after and Monday holiday.  Her hair is still brownish. She has a decent amount of hair. She has been our best eater (nursing wise) and sleeper...and loudest and most high pitched screamer.  But just like the other girls she is delightful and super silly. She adores her big sisters. She loves socks, but never on her feet, just to chew on or wave around in triumph. In other news she has recently started "scootching" and is getting quite fast now and can find me no matter where I am.




Lounging 
Her signature move.  Every kid has had something silly
that just they do.  Emily cocks her head to one side when
she is interested  in something or just to be silly.



Rachel:  On Lauren's first day of school we came home from dropping her off, put Emily down for a nap and I said " Rachel it's just you and me, what do you want to do?"   She shouts "EAT!!"  And so we did.
       
With Lauren being gone at preschool all morning and Emily taking a nap, Rachel and I get some quality one on one time every morning.  This has been really great.  We were going through a pretty rough time behavior wise with her. Lots of tantrums and crying and screaming (not just on her part) All. Day. Long.  Once preschool started and she was getting some serious individual attention everyday her behavior totally changed for the better.  My behavior toward her has changed too as I am better learning to understand her personality and her needs, and that is good. I love my Rachel.


This happened twice in two weeks.
I buy pears, put them in a bowl on the counter,
come back later and every pear has been nibbled
all the way around.
Nice.
The Culprit
"I was hungry!"

No comments:

Post a Comment