Monday, May 6, 2013

The Big 5

On May 3rd was our 5th anniversary. Sometimes it amazes me that it has been 5 years and then I look around me and remember what we've been doing:
        3 degrees
        4 moves
        3 states
        3 kids, one in every state
 So to celebrate we decided to go on our first overnight road trip with Emily and have all 5 of us sleep in the same hotel room. Ha. It could have been really bad (we're a little uptight about kids sleeping) but it actually turned out ok, we all went to bed around 8pm.
We of course went to the beach, this time down in Monterey which is about 3 hours from us. It was a pretty good time.


For some reason she is a little tough to get to
smile for pictures these days
Rock climbing, Lauren and Rachel style


These little purple flowers lined the coastal trail
where we stopped for lunch
The girls loved them


Big Cheese
Medium Cheese
Little Cheese


We stopped by a mission in Carmel and it was beautiful.








 Next stop just for the girls was:
Perfect.
It is basically the most amazing park I've ever seen.  The pictures don't do it justice.






Obviously with our kids being the age they are Ryan and I actually didn't spend a lot of time together on our anniversary, except for in the car.  I was usually nursing Emily while Ryan chased Lauren and Rachel.  So we have decided that the next time we want to take a trip for our anniversary (maybe in another 5 years?) we will drop the kiddies off in Utah and go somewhere by ourselves. Take note grandparents :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to be brave! I'm so glad it worked out well for you guys! I'm trying to follow in your footsteps and we are taking Tess camping this weekend while I am 34 weeks pregnant. Wish us luck!

    It is so fun for me to see pictures of you guys going places that I went to growing up. I love Monterey. And that baby tent is a genius idea. Happy anniversary guys!

    ReplyDelete