Saturday, August 13, 2011

Daddy on the Weekends

So Ryan moved back home last night. YAY! For the past nine weeks he has been doing an internship up in Indianapolis. We initially had planned on all of us moving up there for the summer, but in light of various issues and all things considered the best situation for us turned out to be Ryan living up in Indy in a hotel during the week and then coming home on the weekends.  Quite honestly when we were looking at all our options this was the very last one on my list of desirable options.  I remember telling Ryan at least a couple times, after very rough days with the girls, that I did not think that I could handle that all day with the only help from him being Saturday and Sunday for nine weeks.  But I am happy to say that I have not gone completely crazy and both children are alive and well.

We've been so blessed all summer, so many things that may seem insignificant but made the world of difference to me and were an answer to many prayers.
  • Our Neon lasted the entire time, which is amazing, we didn't think it would make it past May which would have meant no car all week for the girls and me
  • Our neighbors loaned us their double jogging stroller for the summer (a stroller may seem like an odd thing to pray about but it was one of the top things on my list, especially with the possibility of not having a car)
  • Our Garden : it got us out of the house several times a week, we would walk over about every other day and Lauren would help me by pulling the tops off the yucky weeds and Rachel would hopefully take her nap
  • One crazy day when we were out I found a surprise little bag of cookies in our diaper bag (apparently from someone at church) 
  • Great friends that would either invite us over to play or come over to our place
  • Mother's group - a very welcome activity once a week
Hugs for Rachel
The biggest thing that saved me this summer was Lauren and Rachel. I was so worried about how things would go with both of them, especially at dinner and bed time which is the craziest time of day.  There were lots of times that were pretty crazy but for the most part the girls were really good.  They adore each other, which was a huge help, and they even kind of play together.  Lauren is always so excited for Rachel to wake up and always asks to play dishes with her or read her a story.  I really enjoyed all our time together this summer I feel like we learned and grew a lot.  I, for one, feel very capable at handling things on my own, it's definitely not my favorite way to go but I know that I can handle it when needed.

We are so grateful that Ryan was able to get this internship (especially the paid aspect of it), we think it will help open more doors for him along the way to finding a job.  But most of all we're grateful to have him back home on more than just the weekends!

Ballerina Lauren
The girls playing blocks


I love my girls!

Princess Lauren
Rachel kicking back and reading

1 comment:

  1. Wow, way to go all 4 of you! I had no idea Ryan was out of town. I'm glad you guys were able to have so many activities and stuff, I'm learning how valuable getting out of the house is. Way to go though, and congratulations on the internship! We wish you guys the best and miss you!
    -Jill and Rob

    ReplyDelete